FOUNDING STATEMENT (as displayed in the Church vestibule)
This Church stands for sincerity of worship, freedom of thought, catholicity of faith and fellowship in service of all who desire to do the will and live in the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
To make known by word and deed the love of the crucified and risen Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit, so that people will repent, believe and receive Christ as their Saviour, and obediently serve him as their Lord, in the fellowship of his Church and in the community.
Brief history of the church
The church was founded in 1933 as a plant by Kingston Congregational Church, in response to the needs of the new housing development in Berrylands. The church building was opened in 1934, the Raeburn Hall was added in 1957, and the Elgar Hall and caretakers’ flat in 1965. There have been seven Ministers since 1934.